The term upgrade refers to the replacement of a product with a newer version of the same product. It is most often used in computing and consumer electronics, generally meaning a replacement of hardware, software or firmware with a newer or better version, in order to bring the system up to date or to improve its characteristics. Contrast update and replace. See also laptop upgrade.
Upgrades of software introduce the risk that the new version (or patch) will contain a bug, causing the program to malfunction in some way or not to function at all. For example, in October 2005, a glitch in a software upgrade caused trading on the Tokyo Stock Exchange to shut down for most of the day. Similar gaffes have occurred: from important government systems to freeware on the internet. Upgrades can also worsen a product subjectively. A user may prefer an older version even if a newer version functions perfectly as designed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.2STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.3PURPOSE OF STUDY
1.4IMPORTANCE OF STUDY
2.1 UPGRADING A COMPUTER
2.3 HARD DRIVES
2.4 CD/DVD DRIVES
2.5 TIME TO REPLACE?
3.0 ISSUES INVOLVED IN UPGRADING A COMPUTER
3.1 RISKS INVOLVED IN UPGRADING
3.2 HOW OLD IS TOO OLD FOR A COMPUTER?
3.3 WHEN TO BUY NEW ONE
4.0 HOW TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS
Step 1: Identify your current BIOS version.
Step 2: Check your PC/motherboard manufacturer's Website for BIOS updates.
Step 3: Read the included documentation.
Step 4: Update your BIOS.
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Issues Involved In Upgrading A Computer.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/275/issues-involved-in-upgrading-a-computer
"Issues Involved In Upgrading A Computer." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/275/issues-involved-in-upgrading-a-computer>.
"Issues Involved In Upgrading A Computer.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/275/issues-involved-in-upgrading-a-computer>.
"Issues Involved In Upgrading A Computer.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/275/issues-involved-in-upgrading-a-computer.
- Related Works
- Design And Implementation Of Database System For Patient Management System (a Case Study Of Delta Hospital Onitsha)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Information System For A Human Right Based Organisation
- Design And Implementation Of An Online Voting System
- Design And Simulation Of Probabilistic Techniques For Cache Replacement
- Novel Information Security Framework For Automated Teller Machine Atm
- Design And Implementation Of A Computer Based Child Care Information System A Case Study Of Inicef Enugu
- Incremental Deployment Service Of Hop By Hop Multicast Routing Protocol (case Study Of Pressure World Cafe )
- Multimedia Conferencing
- Factors Affecting The Speed Of Internet Access
- Design And Implementation Of Scet Intranet