Academic exploration into gender issues in literature and culture has taken a new dimension. The trends in writings and discourses have been to observe the female sex at domestic background. The roles played by the women as mothers, sisters, custodian, home managers, family maintainers are enumerated through character portrayal in literature. Also, female writers have gone beyond exposing the inequality among females and males in the society as they have started exposing the ills of society thereby correcting them. This essay using the sociologist framework examines the theories of social problems and gender disparity as treated in the novels of Ifeoma Okoye.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of Content
1.1 General Introduction
1.2 Purpose of the Study
1.5 Scope of the Study
2.1 Literature Review
3.1 Gender Ideology in Behind the Clouds (1982)
4.1 Ideology and Social Crises in Men without Ears (1984)
5.1 Summary and Conclusion
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 11). Gender Ideology And Social Crises In Ifeoma Okoyeâ€™s Behind The Clouds And Men Without Ears.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1865/gender-ideology-and-social-crises-in-ifeoma-okoye-rsquo-s-behind-the-clouds-and-men-without-ears
"Gender Ideology And Social Crises In Ifeoma Okoyeâ€™s Behind The Clouds And Men Without Ears." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2013. 2013. 11 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1865/gender-ideology-and-social-crises-in-ifeoma-okoye-rsquo-s-behind-the-clouds-and-men-without-ears>.
"Gender Ideology And Social Crises In Ifeoma Okoyeâ€™s Behind The Clouds And Men Without Ears.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2013. Web. 11 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1865/gender-ideology-and-social-crises-in-ifeoma-okoye-rsquo-s-behind-the-clouds-and-men-without-ears>.
"Gender Ideology And Social Crises In Ifeoma Okoyeâ€™s Behind The Clouds And Men Without Ears.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2013. Accessed 11, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1865/gender-ideology-and-social-crises-in-ifeoma-okoye-rsquo-s-behind-the-clouds-and-men-without-ears.
- Related Works
- A Stylistic Analysis Of Bank Advertisements In Nigerian Newspapers
- Non-reception Of English As Second Language In Adults
- Effects Of Nigerian R&b Music On The Use Of English Language In Nigeria
- A Stylistic Analysis Of A Selected Campaign Speech Of President Goodluck Jonathan
- The Society And The Girl Child In The Bluest Eye By Toni Morrisonand Kaine Agarys Yellow Yellow
- A Stylistic Analysis Of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichieâ€™s The Thing Around Your Neck
- A Sociolinguistic Study Of Code-mixing And Code-switching In Nigerian Institutions: A Study Of University Of Ilorin Undergraduates’ Conversations
- A Pragmatic Analysis Of Political Interviews In A Selected Daily Newspaper. The Punch
- Corruption And Victimization In Isidore Okpewhotides And Anthony Abagha’s Children Of Oloibiri
- Feminist Perspectives In Ama Ata Aidoo’s Changes And Ifeoma Okoye’s Behind The Clouds