This project work deals with a critical evaluation of Africanism in relation to theme and techniques of Amos Tutuola’s novel – THE PALMWINE DRINKARD. This study tends to examine the important of African culture and promotion of its cultural heritage which was bastardized by the colonial masters during colonization.
In the course of this essay, chapter one will deals with introduction, background of the study, purpose of the study, scope and limitation, justification, methodology and authorial background. Chapter two forms the literature reviewed about past scholars’ view on Africanism, the concept of Africanism as theme, the concept of Africanism as techniques. Chapter three focuses on analysis of the novel- the palm-wine Drinkard. Chapter four encompasses summary, findings and conclusion to the whole essay. In our finding, we are able to discovered.
- That “Africanism especially the aspect of African culture in Tutuola’s texts enable the readers to appreciate and value their own traditions.
- That Africanism as a concept is capable of generating its own body of literature and attracts criticism to itself.
- That through the concept of Africanism, the efficacy of African culture has been proved using Tutuola’s text, the palmwine Drinkard.
Also, that the writing of the palmwine drinkard has been greatly influences by oral tradition.
Furthermore, it is discovered that Tutuola through the palmwine drinkard has proved that African writer are not writing in vacuum, but concentrate on Africa background.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Purpose of study
1.3 Significant of the study
1.5 Scope and limitation
1.7 Authorial Background
2.2 Concept of Africanism as Theme
2.3 Concept of Africanism as Techniques
3.1 Setting of the Novel
3.4 The summary of the Novel
SUMMARY & CONCLUSION
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 11). Africanism: Theme, And Technique In Amos Tutuola’s The Palmwine Drinkard.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1858/africanism-theme-and-technique-in-amos-tutuola-rsquo-s-the-palmwine-drinkard
"Africanism: Theme, And Technique In Amos Tutuola’s The Palmwine Drinkard." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2013. 2013. 11 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1858/africanism-theme-and-technique-in-amos-tutuola-rsquo-s-the-palmwine-drinkard>.
"Africanism: Theme, And Technique In Amos Tutuola’s The Palmwine Drinkard.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2013. Web. 11 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1858/africanism-theme-and-technique-in-amos-tutuola-rsquo-s-the-palmwine-drinkard>.
"Africanism: Theme, And Technique In Amos Tutuola’s The Palmwine Drinkard.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2013. Accessed 11, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1858/africanism-theme-and-technique-in-amos-tutuola-rsquo-s-the-palmwine-drinkard.
- Related Works
- A Pragmatic Study Of Newspaper Comic Strips: An Example Of “efe And Jude”
- Lexico - Semantic Analysis Of Viewpoint Column Of Punch Newspaper
- A Discourse Analysis Of Naira Has No Gender By Olu Obafemi
- Predominant Stylist Used By Ngugi Wa Thiong'o In Wizard Of The Crow
- Racism And Oppression In Black American Literature: An Example Of Richard Wrightâ€™s Black Boy
- Language Use And Style, As A Depiction Of African Literature: An Example Of Wole Soyinkaâ€™s Death And The Kingâ€™s Horseman.
- A Stylistic Analysis Of Bank Advertisements In Nigerian Newspapers
- African Values Traditional And Modern In Ama Ata Aidoo’s Changes And Asare Konadu’s A Woman In Her Prime
- A Pragmatic Analysis Of Nigerian Proverbs In Wole Soyinka’s The Lion And The Jewel
- Gender Ideology And Social Crises In Ifeoma Okoyeâ€™s Behind The Clouds And Men Without Ears