The purpose of this study is to evaluate the need for professional Accountant in the Civil Service with particular reference to the ministries.
To identify the roles of accountants in the ministries using the Kogi State ministries of finance as a case study.
To determine the need for adequate training towards professionalism in the Ministries, reasons for increase in labour turnover in the Ministries and suggested ways of reducing this.
The study covered six divisions of Kogi State Ministries if finance and made use of some accounting staff who performs direct accounting functions. Validated questionnaires were used in collecting data from respondents.
It was gathered that most people work in the finance division are people with little or no accounting, the few that are available are already making plans to leave for greener pasture to the private sectors.
The study also highlight the need for adequate training of accounting staff since training was considered inadequate, from the survey carried out, training was actually confirm to be inadequate.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.0Introduction General Description of Study
1.1Statement of Problems
1.3Significance of study
1.4Choice of Study
1.6Scope of Study
1.9Brief History of Study
2.0The Need for Professional Accounting in Ministries
2.1Public Sector Accounting System
2.2Accounting Process in the Ministry
2.3Public Finance and the Professional Accountant in the Civil Service
2.4The Difference Between Private and Public Finance
2.5The Objective of Public Finance
2.6The need for Adequate Training Towards Professionalism in the Ministries
2.7Accountability in the Civil Service
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1Research design and procedures
3.2Identification of Publication
4.0Data Analysis Research Finding
4.2Testing of Hypothesis
5.4Suggestion for further research
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 10). A Need For Professional Accountant In Ministries A Case Study Of Kogi State Ministries Of Finance.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/106/a-need-for-professional-accountant-in-ministries-a-case-study-of-kogi-state-ministries-of-finance
"A Need For Professional Accountant In Ministries A Case Study Of Kogi State Ministries Of Finance." ProjectStoc.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/106/a-need-for-professional-accountant-in-ministries-a-case-study-of-kogi-state-ministries-of-finance>.
"A Need For Professional Accountant In Ministries A Case Study Of Kogi State Ministries Of Finance.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/106/a-need-for-professional-accountant-in-ministries-a-case-study-of-kogi-state-ministries-of-finance>.
"A Need For Professional Accountant In Ministries A Case Study Of Kogi State Ministries Of Finance.." ProjectStoc.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/106/a-need-for-professional-accountant-in-ministries-a-case-study-of-kogi-state-ministries-of-finance.
- Related Works
- Accounting Procedure In Hotel A Case Study At Zodiac Hotel Ltd, Enugu
- Budgetary Control In The Marketing And Manufacturing Organization
- An Assessment Of The Impact Of Internal Audit Function In State Ministries (a Case Study Of Enugu State Ministries Of Works Housing And Education)
- Budgeting In All Inflationary Environment (a Case Study Of Binez Hotels Ltd Aba)
- An Approval Of The Role Of Computer In Accounting Information
- Management Crisis In Banking Industry
- An Evaluation Of The International Monetary Fund (i.m.t) Loan Policy On Developing Economy (a Case Study Of Nigeria) 1990 –1999
- Financial Statement Analysis As A Bank Lending Tools
- Cost Accounting And Control In The Agricultural Sector Problems And Solutions
- The Role Of Internal Auditing In The Effecting Management Control Of Local Governments