For the purpose of the study, it is assumed that library users exists in the academic libraries studies. These users cause damage to library materials.
The study covers the various means and devices to safeguard library materials from being vandalized by obnoxious and antisocial library users. In order to portray the relevance or importance of the research questions, the researcher made use of questionnaire method, oral interview and observation to get needed information. It was realized that mutilation of books and book theft are the most serious problems in the libraries while physical or personnel security is used in the two libraries rather than electronic security systems because the former is more economical.
The study finds that the two libraries under study have the same vandal problems and use almost the same measure or strategy to combat it but that not withstanding; there are some loopholes in the libraries.
Some suggestions and recommendations are therefore made to improve the security arrangements in these academic libraries.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Assumption/background of the study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Research question
1.5 Scope of the study
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 vandalism and mutilation
2.2 Causes of vandalism
2.3 Protection of library resources
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Data collection instrument
3.2 Population of the study
3.3 Method of data collection
3.4 Method of data analysis
4.0 Data presentation and analysis
4.1 Problem of vandalism in academic library
4.2 Magnitude of vandal problems
5.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendation
5.1 Summary and Finding
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 03). Strategies For Combating Book Theft And Vandalism In Academic Libraries (a Case Study Of Futo Library).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1050/strategies-for-combating-book-theft-and-vandalism-in-academic-libraries-a-case-study-of-futo-library
"Strategies For Combating Book Theft And Vandalism In Academic Libraries (a Case Study Of Futo Library)." ProjectStoc.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1050/strategies-for-combating-book-theft-and-vandalism-in-academic-libraries-a-case-study-of-futo-library>.
"Strategies For Combating Book Theft And Vandalism In Academic Libraries (a Case Study Of Futo Library).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1050/strategies-for-combating-book-theft-and-vandalism-in-academic-libraries-a-case-study-of-futo-library>.
"Strategies For Combating Book Theft And Vandalism In Academic Libraries (a Case Study Of Futo Library).." ProjectStoc.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1050/strategies-for-combating-book-theft-and-vandalism-in-academic-libraries-a-case-study-of-futo-library.
- Related Works
- The Role Of Ict In The Of Reference Services To Library Users In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Imo State Library)
- Complication On Bibliographic Abstract And Index
- Students’ Attitude To Cataloguing And Classification In An Academic Institution (the Case Of Federal Polytechnic Offa)
- A Bibliographic Survey On Types Of Libraries In Nigeria (2004 - 2010)
- Industrial Work Experience Schemes (siwe)
- Use Of Information And Communication Technology In Academic Libraries In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka)
- Problems Of Book Acquisition In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State Univeristy Owerri (imsu))
- Automation Of Academic Libraries In Imo State, Challenges And Gains (a Case Study Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri Library)
- Book Acquisition In Academic Libraries Sources And Methods (a Case Study Of Imo State Polytechnic Library Muagwo)
- Bibliographic Information On Mass Media In (2010-2013)