In the sense that the materials involved in this project were capital intensive more especially cement, so in carrying out the work one must intensive to be careful in the selection and collection of materials to be used in the casting of the concrete.
The materials used are coarse aggregate (granite) fine aggregate (sand). The coarse aggregates used in this work were collected from ishiagu while the fine aggregate was collected in front of the carpentryâ€™s workshop on the campus.
The test conform to the standard method test, the ratio used was 1:2:4 and the method adopted was batching by weight, from the mix ratio the relative weight for each material to be used for concrete cube cast was 36, these cubes were tested for compressive strength of 7, 14 and 28 days.
The results of tests involved in the work and that of compressive strength tests were calculated and tabulated as shown in the final tabulation of results.
With the above information, I now recommend and therefore conclude.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Latter of transmittal
Table of contents
1.1 The project objectives
2.1 Materials for concrete
2.2 Aggregates introduction
3.0 Mixing of the concrete
4.0 Preparation for placing and compaction
6.0 Testing of hardened concrete and tabulation of results
7.0 Conclusions and recommendation
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 03). Effects Of Aggregate Sizes On The Concrete Strength.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1026/effects-of-aggregate-sizes-on-the-concrete-strength
"Effects Of Aggregate Sizes On The Concrete Strength." Afribary.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1026/effects-of-aggregate-sizes-on-the-concrete-strength>.
"Effects Of Aggregate Sizes On The Concrete Strength.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1026/effects-of-aggregate-sizes-on-the-concrete-strength>.
"Effects Of Aggregate Sizes On The Concrete Strength.." Afribary.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1026/effects-of-aggregate-sizes-on-the-concrete-strength.
- Related Works
- Route Survey And Pavement Design Of The Road Linking Federal Secretariat And Imt Civil Soil Labouratory And Industrial Center.
- The Relevance Of Road To Life And Its Activities
- The Water Drainage Problems (a Case Study Of Imt Campus 3 Enugu)
- Structural/reinforcement Detailing Of A Single Storey Residential Building With Retaining Wall
- Civilsoft Quickcivil Series
- Comparing The Strenght As Blocks Made From (1) Cement And Lateritic Soil (2) Cement And Red Earth (3) Laterite, Sand And Red Earth
- Investigation On The Causes Of Pavement Failure Along Hillview Off Esbs Road Enugu
- Analysis And Design Of A Retaining Wall
- Structural Detailing Of Two Storey Building
- Structural Detailing Of A Single Storey Residential Building With Retaining In All