This report aimed at determining the presence and removal of mercaptan sulphur in kerosene using colour indicator method. It is known that impurities such as free sulphur, sulphur dioxide, mercapters, funing materials etc. are found in petroleum products. Consequently,absorbents like molecular sieve, calcium oxide and even activated carbon could be used to trap these impurities, thereby making the product impurity free.The afficac of the absorption using calcium (Cao) Ercammerer flask was determined by titration. Excess Silver Nitrate is added to the sample ie effluent silves mercaptdes with he mercaptan sulphur compound present. The excess silver Nitrate is determined by titration with ammonium thiocrante using ferric ammonium sulphate indicator . Illustration graphically shows that the percentage of sulphur in the sample reduces with increase in time. Furthermore, it was noted that slight increase in quantity of kerosene fields better result.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Letter of Transmittal
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2015, 11). Desulphurisation Of Kerosene.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2015, from https://projectstoc.com/read/6765/desulphursation-kerosene-9955
"Desulphurisation Of Kerosene." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2015. 2015. 11 2015 <https://projectstoc.com/read/6765/desulphursation-kerosene-9955>.
"Desulphurisation Of Kerosene.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2015. Web. 11 2015. <https://projectstoc.com/read/6765/desulphursation-kerosene-9955>.
"Desulphurisation Of Kerosene.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2015. Accessed 11, 2015. https://projectstoc.com/read/6765/desulphursation-kerosene-9955.
- Related Works
- The Study Of Properties Of Briquette Produced From Groundnut Shell Coal Blend
- Assessment Of Carbon Monoxide (co) Level In Enugu Metropolis Monitoring Industrial And Residential Area
- Production Of A High Quality Bar Soap And Compare With Detergent.
- Comparative Analysis Of Coal And Coconut Activated Carbon
- Energy Processing And Utilization
- Fabrication Of Candle Mould With Twenty Four (24) Holes
- Production Of Plant Mirror Using Local Raw Material
- Production Of Wood Adhesive
- The Kinetic Study On Hydrolysis Of Cellulose (saw-dust)
- The Effect Of Temperature On Hydrolysis Of Cellulose (saw-dust)