This work deals with foreign exchange management in Nigeria by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) from 1959 to July 2004. the need to manage foreign exchange became imperative as a result of dis equilibrium in the foreign exchange market caused by inadequate supply of foreign exchange management is a conscious attempt to harnesses foreign exchange resources deploy them to service the economy so as to prevent the economy from experiencing shocks due to foreign exchange volatility.
The central focus of thesis is to examine how CBN through its policy measures manages foreign exchange in the country. To carryout this thesis, the respondent makes use of both primary and secondary data. Questionnaires were in line with the objective of the study.
Based on the objective of the study the findings reveal that the role of CBN in managing foreign exchange is not impressive. The impact of exchange rate policy in managing foreign exchange is not encouraging, the activities of panel market operators negatively affect the effective operation of the foreign exchange management . conclusion and recommendations were made in line with the findings.
TABLE OF CONTENT
TABLE OF CONTENT
LIST OF TABLE
LIST OF FIGURE
1.1BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
1.2STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1.3OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1.6SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.7SCOPE LIMITATION AND DELIMITATION
1.8DEFINITION OF TERMS
TABLE 4.3. DEFINITION OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE
2.2MANAGEMENT OF RESERVE FLOURS
2.3EXCHANGE RATE MANAGEMENT
2.4TRADE AND EXCHANGE CONTROL
2.6MANAGEMENT OF RESERVE STOCKS
2.7LIQUIDITY AND SECURITY
2.9FOREIGN EXCHANGE PROBLEMS
2.10FOREIGN EXCHANGE CONTROL
2.11FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKET â€“ IFEM
3.0RESEARCH DESIGN & METHODOLOGY
TABLE 4.3. RESEARCH DESIGN
3.4SAMPLES AND SAMPLING TECHNIQUES
3.5SOURCES OF DATA
3.7METHOD OF DATA PRESENTATION
3.8METHOD OF DATA ANALYSIS.
4.0DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
TABLE 4.3. DATA ANALYSIS TECHNIQUES
4.2ANALYSIS OF THE QUESTIONNAIRES
4.3TESTING OF HYPOTHESIS
5.0SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSIONS
45.1 SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 12). Management Of Foreign Exchange In Nigeria By Central Bank Of Nigeria (1959- July, 2004).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/528/management-of-foreign-exchange-in-nigeria-by-central-bank-of-nigeria-1959-july-2004
"Management Of Foreign Exchange In Nigeria By Central Bank Of Nigeria (1959- July, 2004)." ProjectStoc.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/528/management-of-foreign-exchange-in-nigeria-by-central-bank-of-nigeria-1959-july-2004>.
"Management Of Foreign Exchange In Nigeria By Central Bank Of Nigeria (1959- July, 2004).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/528/management-of-foreign-exchange-in-nigeria-by-central-bank-of-nigeria-1959-july-2004>.
"Management Of Foreign Exchange In Nigeria By Central Bank Of Nigeria (1959- July, 2004).." ProjectStoc.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/528/management-of-foreign-exchange-in-nigeria-by-central-bank-of-nigeria-1959-july-2004.
- Related Works
- Problem Of Personal Income Tax Collection In Anambra State (a Case Study Of Awka South Local Government Area Of Anambra State)
- Effect Of Training And Development On The Performance Of Bank Employees In Nigeria
- The National Effects Of Exchange Rate Changes On Foreign Debt Service In Nigeria
- Working Capital Management In Automobile Industry
- The Impact Of Banking Regulation And Supervision In Nigeria Commercial Banks
- An Evaluation Of Monetary Policies In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Cbn)
- Empirical Analysis Of Commercial Banks Lending Policies To The Private Sector (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Ogui Road Enugu)
- Desirability Of Securities For Loan In Nigerian Commercial Bank (a Case Study Of Afribank Plc)
- The Effects Of Micro- Economic Policies On The Nigeria Financial Sector (a Critical Appraisal)
- The Effect Of Credit Recovery On The Performance Of Nigerian Agricultural Cooperative And Rural Development Bank (nacrdb)