MEANING OF CO-OPERATIVE
The co-operative institution will tell us that the co-operative institution is about people. It’s about a business. It is in line with these assertion that various definitions of this subject have been postulated by some school of thoughts. Whereas some scholars see co-operative or define co-operative as an association of person usually of limited means who have voluntarily joined together to achieve a common Economic goals through the formation of a democratically controlled business organization, making equitable contribution to the capital required and accepting a fair share of the risk and benefits of the undertaking in which the members actively participate.
Other International Co-operative Alliance (I.C.A) compliments with the view that co-operative is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly owned and democratically controlled enterprise.
Furthermore, a co-operative society can be defined as an enterprise formed and directed by association of users applying within itself the rules of democracy and directly intended to save both its own members and the community as a whole.
Finally, according to (Bob-Igwe, 1993:15), he defined Co-operative as a voluntary, evolutionary democratic process resulting from initiative and enterprise at the “grassroots” by individuals motivated by the principle of self -help and mutual aid.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
COVER PAGE IV
TITLE PAGE V
APPROVAL PAGE VI
Meaning of Co-operative
Principles of Co-operative Business
I.C.A Principles of 1937
Voluntary and Open Membership
Democratic Member Control
Member economic participation
Autonomy and Independence
Education, Training and Information
Co-operation among Co-operatives
Concern for Community
The Rochdale Pioneers I.C.A
Aim of the I.C.A
Types of membership
1. Collective membership
2. Individual membership
3. Ordinary membership
Rights of members.
Duties of members
Past I.C. A Congresses
Reasons for joining co-operatives
i. Economic motive
ii. Sociological motive
iii. External pressure
Classification and Types of co-operatives
Producer co-operative society/movement.
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 11). The Importance Of Studying Principles And Economics Of Co-operative.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/4223/the-importance-of-studying-principles-and-economics-of-co-operative-1158
"The Importance Of Studying Principles And Economics Of Co-operative." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2014. 2014. 11 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/4223/the-importance-of-studying-principles-and-economics-of-co-operative-1158>.
"The Importance Of Studying Principles And Economics Of Co-operative.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2014. Web. 11 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/4223/the-importance-of-studying-principles-and-economics-of-co-operative-1158>.
"The Importance Of Studying Principles And Economics Of Co-operative.." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2014. Accessed 11, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/4223/the-importance-of-studying-principles-and-economics-of-co-operative-1158.
- Related Works
- A Study On Cooperative Thrift And Loan Society (a Case Study Of Federal Ministry Of Industry And Technology, Owerri, Imo State - 1998 – June 2004)
- The Formation/registration Of A Co-operative Societies In Enugu State (a Case Study Of The Procedure Involved In Registering A Co-operative Societies In Enugu State)
- The Importance Of Improving Agriculture Production Through Co-operative Societies. (a Case Study Of Aniocha L.g.a, Anambra State.)
- The Activities Of Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme In The Development Of Agriculture In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Central Bank Of Nigeria Enugu)
- How To Organize A Viable Co-operative Society As A Qualifying Course For The Award Of Ordinary National Diploma In Co-operative Economics And Management
- Marketing And Distribution Activities Of Co-operative Societies (a Case Study Of Selected Co-operative Societies In Ihiala L.g.a, Anambra State)
- An Appraisal Of The Activities And Management Methods Of Anamco Workers Multi-purpose Co-operative Society, Enugu
- Unemployment And Co-operative Societies (a Case Study Of Enugu East Local Government Area)
- The Role Of Women In Rural Development Through Co-operative Societies (a Case Study Of Nkanu Local Government Area, Enugu State)
- The Role Of Federal Government In Co-operative Development In Nigeria. (a Case Study Of Enugu State)