This study will survey a critical review of the accounting system in Nigeria’s insurance industry.
This study as a case study is an attempt to review the problems of accounting system in industrial and general insurance company limited. It has become necessary because of proper understanding and correct treatment in various items in the account. This study will make a fair contribution towards the understanding of the treatment of various items by insurance companies.
In collecting the data for the study, the researcher will made use of the tools like structured and in structured interview and question will form primary method data collection while secondary will consist annual report, accounts, journals, insurance year book, and text books etc.
Finally, the conclusion will be that though there are lack of proper understanding and correct treatment of various items in the accountant of the insurance companies, however, the problem can be solve if the researcher can bring to light the difference in the treatment of various items by insurance companies and its effect on intra and inter-company comparison. TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
1.1 Background of study
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Purpose of study
1.4 Significance of study
1.5 Definition of terms
1.6 Scope and limitation
2.0 The concept of accounting in the insurance industry (IGI)
2.1 History of insurance company (IGI)
2.2 Organization of insurance company (IGI)
2.3 Purpose of insurance company (IGI)
2.4 Provision of the insurance decree 1991
2.5 The national insurance supervisory board (NISB)
2.6 Accounting concept ad convention used in insurance company (IGI)\
2.7 Treatment of various items in insurance company (IGI)
3.0 Research methodology
3.1 Source of data
3.2 Population characteristic
3.3 Nature of data analysis
3.4 Hypothesis testing
3.5 Identification of variable
4.1 Analysis of general characteristic of respondents
4.2 Analysis of direct respondents
4.3 Hypothesis testing
5.1 implication of the summary
Letter of Respondent
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2014, 10). A Critical Review Of Accounting System In Nigeria Insurance Industry A Case Study Of Industrial And General Insurance Company Ltd.. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 10, 2014, from https://projectstoc.com/read/4089/a-critical-review-of-accounting-system-in-nigeria-insurance-industry-a-case-study-of-industrial-and-general-insurance-company-ltd-2281
"A Critical Review Of Accounting System In Nigeria Insurance Industry A Case Study Of Industrial And General Insurance Company Ltd." ProjectStoc.com. 10 2014. 2014. 10 2014 <https://projectstoc.com/read/4089/a-critical-review-of-accounting-system-in-nigeria-insurance-industry-a-case-study-of-industrial-and-general-insurance-company-ltd-2281>.
"A Critical Review Of Accounting System In Nigeria Insurance Industry A Case Study Of Industrial And General Insurance Company Ltd.." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 10 2014. Web. 10 2014. <https://projectstoc.com/read/4089/a-critical-review-of-accounting-system-in-nigeria-insurance-industry-a-case-study-of-industrial-and-general-insurance-company-ltd-2281>.
"A Critical Review Of Accounting System In Nigeria Insurance Industry A Case Study Of Industrial And General Insurance Company Ltd.." ProjectStoc.com. 10, 2014. Accessed 10, 2014. https://projectstoc.com/read/4089/a-critical-review-of-accounting-system-in-nigeria-insurance-industry-a-case-study-of-industrial-and-general-insurance-company-ltd-2281.
- Related Works
- The Effects Of Nigeria Monetary And Firm Policies On Commercial Bank’s From 1990 – 2000 (a Case Study Of First Bank Plc. Okpara Avenue, Enugu).
- Research Project On The Relationship Between Bank Supervisor And External Auditor In Nigeria
- An Appraisal Of The Usefulness Of The Independence Of External Auditors In The Preparation Of Objective Financial Statements (a Case Study Of Shell Petroleum Development Company)
- The Role Of Management Accountant To Cost Control And Profit Performance In An Organization (a Case Study Of Innoson Nigeria Limited Enugu)
- Internal Control In An Examining Body- A Case Study Of The National Examination Council, Enugu Zonal Office
- Computer An Important System In The Processing Of Accounting Information
- The Impact Of Exchange Rate Fluctuation On International Trade (export) In Nigeria
- The Role Of A Statutory Auditor In Controlling Fraud In Government Owned Establishment
- Nigeria Personal Income Tax (amendment) Act 2011: Implications For Tax Administration And Enforcement
- An Appraisal Of The Effects Of Ethnicity On The Performance Of Oil Companies In Nigeria.