The nature and role of banks in financial intermediation portray the institution as vulnerable. The primary source of banks funds are deposits from other banks, private customers and other corporate organizations, such deposit, usually short termed are course, legally repayable in full to the depositors on demand in investing the money received. These deposits amount to 12 to 40 times the risk capital provided by the promoter of the bank depending on internal location policy and regulatory environment.
This study examines the usefulness of adopting a systematic methodology for the analysis and control of risk within the banking industry.
To accomplish the objectives stated above the study will analyze the nature of risk inherent in the Nigeria banking industry and highlight the existing system for their measurement and control.
Commercial banks such as Afribank Nigeria Plc will be studied to see how much of risk management procedures are applicable and adopted by the operators in the Nigerian Banking Industry.
Finally based on the result of the survey and study earned out, recommendations aimed at proper risk management habit and procedures are made.
The recommendations essentially, will deal with risk control techniques as major input for efficient and effective management of bank assets/liability.
TABLE OF CONTENT
List of tables
Table of content
1.1 Background of study in â€œAfribank Plcâ€
1.2 Statement of problem in â€œAfribank Plcâ€
1.3 Purpose of study of Afribank Plc
1.4 Significance of this study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Formation of hypothesis
1.7 Scope of the study
1.8 Limitations of study
1.9Definition of terms
2.1 Risk defined
2.2 Concept of risk management
2.3 Risk identification
2.4 Risk measurement
2.5 Risk control
2.6 Some notable aspects of risk management
Research Design and Methodology
3.1 Data types
3.2 Method and sources of data
3.3 Research population
3.4 Sampling method used
3.5 Method of data analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis on Findings and Discussions
4.1 Data presentation and analysis
4.2 Test of hypothesis
Summary, Recommendation and Conclusion
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). The Nature And Management Of Risk In Nigerian Banking Industry (a Case Study Of Afribank Nigeria Plc).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/322/the-nature-and-management-of-risk-in-nigerian-banking-industry-a-case-study-of-afribank-nigeria-plc
"The Nature And Management Of Risk In Nigerian Banking Industry (a Case Study Of Afribank Nigeria Plc)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/322/the-nature-and-management-of-risk-in-nigerian-banking-industry-a-case-study-of-afribank-nigeria-plc>.
"The Nature And Management Of Risk In Nigerian Banking Industry (a Case Study Of Afribank Nigeria Plc).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/322/the-nature-and-management-of-risk-in-nigerian-banking-industry-a-case-study-of-afribank-nigeria-plc>.
"The Nature And Management Of Risk In Nigerian Banking Industry (a Case Study Of Afribank Nigeria Plc).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/322/the-nature-and-management-of-risk-in-nigerian-banking-industry-a-case-study-of-afribank-nigeria-plc.
- Related Works
- Accounting Profession, A Panacea In The Recapitalization Of Banking Sector (an Empirical Study Of Few Selected Banks In Nigeria)
- “responsibility Accounting”
- Nigeria Personal Income Tax (amendment) Act 2011: Implications For Tax Administration And Enforcement
- The Problem Of Budget And Budgetary As Management Tool For Decision Making
- The Usefulness Of Financial Statements In Assessing The Performance Of Companies And In Guiding Investment Decisions
- The Effect Of Tax Incentives In The Industrial Development In Nigeria
- Debt Recovery Techniques In The Banking Sectors Issues, Problems And Prospects (a Case Study Of Union Bank Nig Plc)
- The Role Of Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (n.d.i.c) In Managing Financial Distress (a Case Study Of Citizen Bank Of Nigeria Plc)
- Financial Statement Analysis As A Bank Lending Tools
- Financial Planning And Control In Media Outfit