The main objective of the study include:
To find out the extent to which the resources of the board are adequate for its management.
To ascertain the extent to which the objectives of the board are being achieved.
Finally to appraise the extent of attainment of the boards target in the priority areas of personal Income tax administration.
Some related literatures were reviewed while chapter three contained the methodology of this study; The population of the study which was made up of 800 people and the sample size was 100 using simple random sampling technique. Chapter four presented the analysis of the data generated from questionnaires.
In the concluding chapter which comprises among other things the research findings which include in adequacy of resources, low achievement of objectives, Ignorance of tax benefits and poor attainment of targets in the priority areas. However, recommendations are made based on findings. Such recommendation includes: Recruitment of more staff for the board and allocation of more funds for collection activities in both headquarters and branch offices.
Finally, the researcher beliefs that if these recommendations are applied religiously, the problem of Nigerian Personal Income Tax collection and management will be a thing of the past in Nigeria as a whole.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of tables
Table of content
1.1Background of the study
1.2Statement of problems
1.3Research Questions / Hypothesis
1.5Purpose of the study
1.6Significance of the study
1.7Scope of the study
Review of literatures
2.1Fundamental concept of Nigeria Taxation
2.1.1History of Nigeria Taxation
2.1.2Laws governing Income tax in Nigeria
2.1.3Importance of Taxation
2.1.4Categories of Taxes
2.2Basis of tax Imposition (major provisions)
2.2.1A review of major assessment provision
2.2.2Relevant tax authorities
2.3Problems of tax collection..
2.3.1In adequate qualified man power, poor motivation and corruption
2.3.2Poor attitude to tax generation and usage
2.3.3Lack of management audit and unrealistic budgeting
3.1Design of the study
3.2Area of the study
3.6Instrument of data collection
3.7Validity and reliability of instrument
3.8Techniques for data analysis
Data presentation and Analysis
5.1Discussion of the study
5.2Summary of findings
5.3Implication of the research
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). The Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://projectstoc.com/read/310/the-problems-of-personal-income-tax-collection-and-management-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu
"The Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu)." ProjectStoc.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://projectstoc.com/read/310/the-problems-of-personal-income-tax-collection-and-management-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu>.
"The Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://projectstoc.com/read/310/the-problems-of-personal-income-tax-collection-and-management-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu>.
"The Problems Of Personal Income Tax Collection And Management In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).." ProjectStoc.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://projectstoc.com/read/310/the-problems-of-personal-income-tax-collection-and-management-in-nigeria-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu.
- Related Works
- An Appraisal Of The Internal Control System In Commercial Banks In Nigeria
- The Role Of An Accountant In The Poverty Eradication Programme Of The Federal Government. ( A Case Study Of Aninri Local Government Area
- Evaluation Of The Dynamic Effects Of Iole Cash Holding In A Developing Econo0my. A Cash Study Of Ogbete Main Market
- Stock Management In The Hotel Industry (a Case Study Of Royal Palace Hotel Enugu)
- The Nature And Management Of Risk In Nigerian Banking Industry (a Case Study Of Afribank Nigeria Plc)
- A Need For Professional Accountant In Ministries A Case Study Of Kogi State Ministries Of Finance
- The Impact Of Auditing Has In He Control Of Fraud And Irregularities In The Selected Business Organization Like The Nigeria Coal Corporation Enugu As Our Focuses
- A Study Of The Impact Of Financil Distress On Nigeria Commecial Banks A Research Project Presented
- The Impact Of Strengthening And Consolidation The Nigerian Banking System
- The Role Of Auditors In Computerized Accounting Systems