This research project was on, FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS IN PRIMARY SCIENCES AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU EDUCATION ZONE). Data were gathered through structured questionnaire information obtained from principals, teachers, assistant head teachers, students and other staff from the selected primary schools within the metropolis. In an attempt to validate the findings of this study, four (4) research questions were posed. The main purpose of the study was to establish whether there is actually poor academic performance among primary school pupils in Enugu Education zone and to determine the possible factors responsible for the poor academic performance of primary school pupils. Data were analysed using the mean. And based on the data collected, and analysed the following findings were made.
i)The level of competency possessed by a teacher affect his performance, effectiveness and productivity.
ii)Students can experience difficulties in learning sometime, perhaps because the teaching is too fast or the ambiguity of words used by the teacher.
iii)The teacher ought to be able to rational appraisal of his abilities and try to employ likely to enhance not reduce the impact he hopes to make in the teaching learning process etc.
The researchers concluded that acute shortage of qualified teachers contribute to the poor academic achievement of primary school pupils in both computer and primary science subjects in primary schools, coupled with the fact that teachers scarcely take assessment from pupils after an exposure to instruction to know the extent and depth knowledge of pupils learning. Besides many problems are found militating against teachersâ€™ performance and effective service delivery and many strategies should be used to improver studentâ€™s performance and teachersâ€™ effectiveness in the science subjects in Nigeria primary school Education. The researchers, however, recommended among other things that the primary education curriculum should be structured basically, to enable pupils to acquire further knowledge on core subjects and develop basic skills as well. And that from time to time, primary science and computer science teachers should be examined for the purpose of certification and for better service delivery in schools.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLE
TABLE OF CONTENTS
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESs
DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
DEFINITION OF TERMS
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
THE CONCEPT OF PRIMARY EDUCATION
THE GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE
TEACHERS CONTRIBUTIONS TO POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS
GOVERNMENT CONTRIBUTION TO THE POOR
ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF THE PRIMARY EDUCATION
TESTS AND EXAMINATIONS â€“ VIEWED DISTINCTIVELY
ENVIRONMENT INFLUENCE AS A CONTRIBUTING
FACTOR TO POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF
PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS
TEST/EXAMINATIONS AS INSTRUMENT FOR
MEASURING ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE
SUMMARY OF REVIEWED OF RELATED LITERATURE
AREA OF THE STUDY
POPULATION OF THE STUDY
SAMPLE AND SAMPLING TECHNIQUES
INSTRUMENT FOR DATA COLLECTION
VALIDATION OF THE INSTRUMENT
REHABILITES OF THE INSTRUMENT
METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
METHOD OF DATA ANALYSIS
DATA ANALYSIS AND RESULTS
RESEARCH QUESTION 1
RESEARCH QUESTION 2
RESEARCH QUESTION 3
RESEARCH QUESTION 4
SUMMARY, CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
SUMMARY OF PROCEDURES USED
SUGGESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 03). The Factors Responsible For Primary School Pupils Poor Academic Performances In Primary Science And Computer Science (a Case Study Of Enugu Education Zone).. ProjectStoc.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from https://projectstoc.com/read/1214/the-factors-responsible-for-primary-school-pupils-poor-academic-performances-in-primary-science-and-computer-science-a-case-study-of-enugu-education-zone
"The Factors Responsible For Primary School Pupils Poor Academic Performances In Primary Science And Computer Science (a Case Study Of Enugu Education Zone)." ProjectStoc.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <https://projectstoc.com/read/1214/the-factors-responsible-for-primary-school-pupils-poor-academic-performances-in-primary-science-and-computer-science-a-case-study-of-enugu-education-zone>.
"The Factors Responsible For Primary School Pupils Poor Academic Performances In Primary Science And Computer Science (a Case Study Of Enugu Education Zone).." ProjectStoc.com. ProjectStoc.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <https://projectstoc.com/read/1214/the-factors-responsible-for-primary-school-pupils-poor-academic-performances-in-primary-science-and-computer-science-a-case-study-of-enugu-education-zone>.
"The Factors Responsible For Primary School Pupils Poor Academic Performances In Primary Science And Computer Science (a Case Study Of Enugu Education Zone).." ProjectStoc.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. https://projectstoc.com/read/1214/the-factors-responsible-for-primary-school-pupils-poor-academic-performances-in-primary-science-and-computer-science-a-case-study-of-enugu-education-zone.
- Related Works
- The Impact Of The Electronic Media In The Economic Development Of Nigeria (a Case Study Of Enugu State Broadcasting Service)
- Extent Use Of Instructional Material In Teaching And Learning Of Integrated Science And Computer Science In Junior Secondary School (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Area)
- The Extent Of Use Of Audioâ€“visual Materials In The Teaching And Learning Of English Language In Junior Secondary Schools In Enugu East Local Government Area, Enugu State
- Identification Of Difficult Teaching Topics In Integrated Science In Junior Secondary Schools In Enugu Urban Area In Enugu State
- Identification Of Difficult Teaching And Learning Topic In Junior Secondary School Integrated Science And Computer Science Curriculum In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Jss 3 Curricular)
- The Effects Of Mother Tongue Interference In The Study Of English Language In Secondary Schools In Enugu North Local Government Area Of Enugu State
- The Problems Militating Against Effective Teaching And Learning Of Computer Science In Junior Secondary Schools In Igbo-eze North Local Government Area Of Enugu State
- Evaluation Of Computer Science Education Programme In Enugu State College Of Education (technical)
- The Extent Of Availability Of Computer System And Their Accessories For Effective Teaching And Learning Of Computer Science In Senior Secondary In Enugu North Local Government Area.
- Relative Academic Performance Of Junior Seconadary School Student In Integrated Science And Introductory Technology In Junior Waec From 2002-2006 (a Case Study Of Enugu Education Zone Enugu State)